What is a Friendly Visiting?
- Friendly Visiting is a service that matches a volunteer to an isolated senior, an adult suffering dementia, or physically disabled adult in his/her home on a regular basis. The visits will generally be in the client’s home but the volunteer can also take the client shopping or to a social event.
- Clients of the Friendly Visiting service provide information about their interests and background in order to match client and volunteer interests for a successful visiting relationship.
Who is eligible for Friendly Visiting?
- To be eligible for Friendly Visiting, individuals must be a frail elderly person, or an adult with physical disabilities.
- Individuals must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Living alone or with someone who is unable to meet their social needs;
- Confused, depressed and/or socially or physically isolated;
- Friends and relatives are not available to provide these services;
- A caregiver is providing services but requires respite.
Is there a fee for this service?
- Friendly Visiting is provided at no cost to the client.
How do I get more information about the Program?
- We receive referrals directly from people who need the service, from family, friends, doctors, hospitals, CCAC or other health and social service agencies. Once our office has been contacted, someone from our staff will visit with you to discuss your needs, assess eligibility and arrange this service for you.
Click for information on Friendly Visiting Opportunities