What is MOVIN'GB?
- The MOVIN'GB transportation service provides non-emergency, medical transportation to eligible individuals from their homes to medical appointments, between medical facilities and to and from long term care facilities.
Who is eligible for the MOVIN'GB Services?
- This service is currently available to residents of Grey and Bruce counties who are 18 years of age or older and have identified a barrier to accessing existing medical transportation providers.
When is this service available?
- The service is available Monday to Friday from 7:00 am until 5:00 pm unless a medical or dialysis appointment can only be accommodated on the weekend. All rides must be arranged through 5 Team Clerks.
Is MOVIN'GB accessible to mobility impaired residents?
- The service utilizes wheel chair accessible vans with 30" maximum width ramps as well as non-accessible mini vans.
- Client must be independent with all aspects of mobility, personal care, communication or provide their own escort who will provide any assistance required.
- Clients must be able to get themselves to and from their appointment from the vehicle drop off location.
Is there a fee for this service?
- There is a nominal fee based on distance travelled and the client's ability to pay. All fares are calculated as round trips.
How do I book a ride?
- Call the number below between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm.
- Talk to our scheduler.
- Be prepared to provide:
- Your name, address, phone number.
- Billing Information.
- Date and Time of appointment
- Destination address.
- Information regarding mobility and/or assistive devices.
- This service is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Book in advance when ever possible.
For more information... Call 519-370-0558 or 1-888-660-6048