Home & Community Support Services partners with community members who give of their time and skills to support clients and residents in a variety of ways. Volunteers join us in our Mission “to support independence and enhance the quality of daily life for seniors, adults and their families.
As a HCSS Volunteer, your time and commitment
has a valuable impact in YOUR community.
Check here for current volunteer opportunities that may interest you.
- Experience personal satisfaction helping others.
- Become part of a caring team, meet new people and make new friends.
- Meet community-minded people, who share a common goal.
- Gain valuable work experience.
- Make a difference in someone’s life.
- A way to express gratitude for help you may have received in the past from an organization.
- Retired professionals can contribute their skills benefiting their community.
Home & Community Support Services supports our Volunteers:
- Meaningful opportunities with clear position descriptions.
- Orientation to the organization.
- On-site training.
- Ongoing support and recognition.
Types of Volunteer positions:
- MOVIN’GB Transportation: Volunteer Drivers – This is a great opportunity for volunteers looking for a highly flexible schedule.
- Meals on Wheels: – Great opportunity for volunteers looking for a short time commitment – approx. 30-60 minutes for meal delivery.
- Day Away: There are many different volunteer opportunities for the Day Away program. I.e. transportation drivers, musicians, help serve meals, chat one-to- one with clients, games, cards, & many recreational activities. Why not share your talents or show our clients your hobby collections, or teach a craft class.
- Friendly Visiting: Friendly Visiting volunteers offer emotional support and friendship. Confidential one-to-one companionship and support to seniors, and adults who are lonely or isolated. We match volunteers and clients, based on backgrounds, interests and personality types. Flexible schedule & time commitment.
- Volunteer Board Members: The main purpose of the HCSS-GB Board is to make decisions and be responsible to the residents of Grey-Bruce, so that the stated purpose, goals and objectives of the organization can be attained within its budgetary framework. Your expertise would provide valuable insight in assisting HCSS reach future goals to effectively serve the communities of Grey Bruce.
If you are interested in joining our team of caring volunteers, please complete the Online Volunteer Form, or Print the Volunteer Application and mail in or call 519 372-2091.
HCSS BOARD OF DIRECTORS - VOLUNTEER OPENINGS AVAILABLE.
PLEASE VISIT HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.